Congratulations! You are ready to submit your sample, the next step in the certification process. Just to make sure you are ready, please follow the guidelines below:
- Read the online rules and regulations for submission – how it works, etc. to see if you have any questions before submitting.
- Download the Study Guide and reference it thoroughly.
- Acquire a copy of The Gregg Reference Manual.
FORMATTING FOR SUBMISSION
- Check your samples against the Checklist found at the end of the Study Guide before submitting. Highly recommended. Check documents for one thing at a time.
- Proof and reproof your documents for consistency, spacing, margins, typos, spelling, strategy, redundancy, etc. Use American Grammar and spelling rules. Have someone else read it.
- If your résumé is from one of your customers: A) Disguise it. Don’t submit your own personal résumé; or, if you do change the name. B) Embellish it to make it stronger than the one of the real live customer.
- Remove all identifying information from Word’s properties. Your initials, author name, etc.
- Please submit your sample in a .doc format.
Remember, the sample submission is to help gauge where you are at with your current skills and if you need to prepare more to successfully pass the test. You will receive feedback from the graders that will help you prepare for the test or to help you with a retake of your sample submission if needed. Retakes cost the same amount as first tries. Take your time! When you think you are ready – check again!
Please submit all documents to email@example.com. Recommendations are typically returned within three business weeks from the date of submission, depending on the volume of samples and Grading Panel availability!
Let us know if you have any questions.