Congratulations! You are ready to submit your sample, the next step in the certification process.
Just to make sure you are ready, please follow the guidelines below:
- Print out the Study Guide and read it thoroughly. It can be found at www.thenrwa.com/NCRWstudyguide and is a new version as of January 2013. At the end of the document is the Study Guide Checklist to help you prepare your documents for submission.
- Take and pass the Study Guide Review if you haven’t already at www.thenrwatraining.com. You may need to request a login; it is different than your member login.
- Read the online rules and regulations for submission – how it works, etc. at www.thenrwa.com/certificationprocess to see if you have any questions before submitting.
- Check your samples against the Checklist found at the end of the Study Guide before submitting. Highly recommended. Check documents for one thing at a time.
- Proof and reproof your documents for consistency, spacing, margins, typos, spelling, strategy, redundancy, etc. Use American Grammar and spelling rules. Have someone else read it.
- If your résumé is from one of your customers: A) Disguise it. Don’t submit your own personal résumé; or, if you do change the name. B) Embellish it to make it stronger than the one of the real live customer.
- Remove all identifying information from Word’s properties. Your initials, author name, etc.
- Please submit your sample in a .doc format. Remember – when your clients are submitting to potential employers, they don’t know what version of software the potential employer is using either. Err on the side of caution, since 2010-2013 formatting does not translate well to someone that is using older software.
Remember, the sample submission is to help gauge where you are at with your current skills and if you need to prepare more to successfully pass the test. You will receive feedback from the graders that will help you prepare for the test or to help you with a retake of your sample submission if needed. Retakes cost the same amount as first tries. Take your time! When you think you are ready – check again!
Let us know if you have any questions. Please submit all documents to email@example.com.