By Amanda Brandon, NRWA Newsletter Editor
Our long-time DEI columnist Eustacia English is taking a step back, and while we’re sad to see her step out of this role, it creates an opportunity for a new voice or voices to amplify our position on this essential topic.
Here’s a list of qualifications I put together for this important part of our signature publication.
If you are interested in working on our DEI column on a semimonthly or monthly basis, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I’m looking forward to your responses.
- A volunteer or group of volunteers who can take on this monthly commitment.
- A volunteer/volunteers who actively invest in training and thought leadership on DEI topics.
- A volunteer who can apply DEI to writing resumes, LinkedIn profiles, and career branding topics.
- A punctual, dedicated writer. No publication experience is required. If you’ve never written a column before, don’t be afraid to submit your name. I’ve been working with up-and-coming columnists for 20 years. I can help you polish your writing for a publication audience. My greatest need is interest, content, and dedication.
- Open to feedback. Putting together a newsletter for a niche audience requires continuous improvement on my part and the writers’ part. Even as an editor, my team of proofreaders helps me sharpen my writing and understand our organization’s take on topics. You must be open to constructive feedback to be successful in this role.