Mastering the Resume Writing Process: Writing Better, Faster, and More Efficiently
Presented by Freddie Cheek, MS Ed., NCOPE, CWDP, CCM, MCD, CPRW, CARW
Part 1: Friday, March 13, 2020 - 12:30 p.m. - 1:30 p.m., ETPart 2: Friday, March 27, 2020 - 12:30 p.m. - 1:30 p.m., ET
This webinar will guide attendees through 2 sessions. Each presentation offers valuable information on the steps and strategies for collecting, processing, organizing, and using client information in writing resumes and cover letters. The tips and techniques offered will enable attendees to complete writing projects in a more efficient, complete, and accelerated manner. Each presentation is a stand-alone webinar, so you can take one or both.
PART 1: March 13, 2020; 12:30 p.m., ET – 1:30 p.m., ET
Gathering what you need to develop complete and impactful job search documents.
- Collaborating with your clients to identify a specific career and job search goal, explain your strategy and content plans, and prepare them for contributing to the process.
- Optimizing the intake interview including explaining what information is needed for the resume, sharing tips for helping clients discover their contributions and accomplishments, and requesting annotated job postings.
- Using homework questionnaires to solicit relevant information for drafting impactful and outcome-based content. (Sample worksheets, information-gathering options, and examples of outcome-based bullets are included).
- Selecting the appropriate resume format (chrono, functional, or combo) and design/layout to fit the work experience, downplay issues, match the job target/career field, and support the content and career goal.
PART 2: March 27, 2020; 12:30 p.m., ET – 1:30 p.m., ET
Reviewing, organizing, and using submitted materials in an expedient manner.
- Marking, separating, and organizing the information, including education, experience, references, skills, and accomplishments.
- Matching and labeling skills and experience from target job postings to work into the resume job descriptions, core competencies, and accomplishments, as well as the cover letter content.
- Analyzing performance/job reviews, “attaboy” emails, awards, and references.
- Evaluating accomplishment statements to include CAR information.
- Building the documents by piecing together the marked and organized information, working from the bottom up, smoothing out the writing, and adding original phrases. (Handouts with resume writing tips and mistakes to avoid are included).
- Condensing, condensing, condensing and then proofreading, proofreading, proofreading.
Pricing for this Two-Part Webinar:
Single Webinar: $19.99 | Both Webinars: $32.50
Single Webinar: $39.99 | Both Webinars: $70.00
Each presentation will be recorded and distributed to all registered participants. Each presentation is eligible for 1 CEU.
About Freddie Cheeck:
Freddie Cheek, M.S. Ed., NCOPE, CWDP, CCM, MCD, CPRW, CARW, has 30 years’ experience encompassing résumé writing, job search training, career coaching, adult education, and human resources (the last 20 years as an independent career-services business owner and operator). In addition to managing her business, she serves as a contract résumé writer and job search/interview coach.
Freddie’s articles and reviews have appeared in several publications, samples of her résumés and cover letters are featured in more than 20 books, and her interview and job search advice is included in seven books, including Interview Magic and Job Search Magic. She is actively involved in her profession as a member of the National Résumé Writers’ Association (NRWA), with past roles as President of the Association of Job Search Trainers (AJST), Advisory Board member of Career Master’s Institute (CMI), and VP of Membership for Career Directors International (CDI), where she also received the prestigious CDI President’s Choice Award.
An engaging public speaker, Freddie has presented workshops for job seekers, career changers, and job search professionals at state and national conferences in the U.S. and Canada. Her presentations have been described as helpful, informative, humorous, practical, thorough, and energizing.
By participating in this course and/or webinar, you are agreeing to let the instructor/facilitator call you by name during the course and/or webinar when addressing questions or information. You also understand that session recordings may be made available to any NRWA member/nonmember who registers/downloads the recordings at anytime in the future.
Should you wish to remain anonymous, please request this in writing to AdminManager@TheNRWA.com when you register for the course/webinar.